Twintercooler for Golf GTi Mk7
Moving on from our tried and tested Twintercooler setup on the Mk5 and Mk6, this intercooler has been designed to run in parallel with the stock core, or if you prefer for the ultimate cooling solution you can use it with our FMMK7FMIC intercooler (which mounts in the stock location and offers much improved cooling by itself). The Twintercooler core sits out in front of the standard radiator/intercooler/air con condensor pack and as such is in the direct line of all the cold air coming in the front of the car through the main lower grille. This core is absolutely proven on road and track cars and continues to be an excellent and worthwhile addition to a stock or tuned VW.
Once again we have proven data on dyno and road showing that the twintercooler core by itself with no other modifications gave a huge 20°C (69°F) drop in temperatures. Comparison runs were carried out on the same day on the same dyno and in ambient temperatures of 6°C (42°F). See one of the standard run and the Forge Twintercooler run for yourself. Power and torque increased a little but bear in mind that these engines are only supposed to output 220bhp, yet we have seen them range from 230- 250bhp completely stock, and there are various limitations imposed on the stock ECU. Once remapped, the power available from the much lower intake temperatures will be able to be fully realised.
The twintercooler gives an extra 6.1 litres of capacity to your intercooler system along with a further 1016 square centimetres of frontal surface area to help improve your engine inlet air temperatures. The twintercooler has a width of 635mm x height 160mm x depth 60mm and the inlet and outlet tube size is 60mm.
No bumper modification is necessary to fit this intercooler*. All parts needed and full instructions are included, and total installation time is less than 2 hours.
- Twintercooler technology
- Unique twin core design retaining the OEM intercooler
- 10-15 BHP increase on a stock car
- Over 15-20°C drop in ambient cooling temperatures
- Includes necessary hardware and instructions for installation
- Dyno proven horsepower and torque gains
- High flow cast end tanks ensuring optimum air transition for cooling efficiency
- No cutting of the vehicle is required to fit this product
- The unique Forge Silicon hoses supplied in the “Twintercooler “ kit were designed on Solid works and have been created to include an expensive inner liner of modified silicone known as Flurosilicone. This liner means that the hoses are suitable for use with modern long-life coolants, Organic Acid Technology coolants (O.A.T.) and oil mist. The use of a Flurosilicone liner ensures that Forge silicone hoses are the best, longest lasting, and preferred choice of the discerning car enthusiasts. The construction of the hoses has been engineered to exceed that of the OEM fitments, and will enhance any engine bay both technically and aesthetically.
- This product comes complete with our lifetime warranty.
PLEASE NOTE: THE ORIGNAL O-RINGS/SEALS MUST BE RETAINED FOR USE ON THE FORGE HOSES
*This will not fit if your vehicle if it has Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) radar sensor.
We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods, custom products (such as special orders or personalised items). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item. Please note that the customer is responsible for ensuring the correct part is ordered and fits the vehicle it purchased for.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please note the Exceptions / non-returnable items section, which states there are no returns for perishable goods, custom products (such as special orders or personalised items). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too. Some refunds may incur an admin/restocking fee.